For the health and well-being of all our family members, Twin Lakes Pet Resort & Spa maintains a strict vaccination policy for all pets.
- Rabies: All dogs, including puppies, and cats must have a current Rabies vaccination in accordance with the Texas Board of Health- Texas Administrative Code; Section 169.29(a)
- ~ Distemper/Parvo: Given to dogs annually.
~ Feline Distemper: Given to cats annually.
- Bordetella: Required for all dogs every 6 months or 1 year depending on the type of
~ Bordetella (Kennel Cough) is airborne and highly contagious.
- Leptospirosis: Given to dogs annually.
~ Leptospirosis is now a required vaccination. It is a zoonotic disease, meaning it can be transmitted to people.
For more information about Leptospirosis, click HERE.
- Vaccinations must be administered a minimum of 7 days prior to a Resort stay or Spa appointment.
- We prefer to verify a pet’s vaccinations prior to their arrival to avoid any inconvenience.
~ By providing your veterinarian or clinic’s name and phone number, we can call for verbal verification.
— This is the quickest and easiest way to verify the vaccinations.
~ You or your veterinarian may fax the vaccination records to
~ You or your veterinarian may email the vaccination records to firstname.lastname@example.org.
~ You may text a photo of the vaccination records to 940-365-4090. *Important – Please be sure that you get all of the necessary information in the picture.
- If your pet can no longer be vaccinated due to age or illness, you must present a letter from your veterinarian stating the reason why it can no longer be vaccinated and a Vaccine Waiver must be signed.
~ These pets will be scheduled at the discretion of Twin Lakes Pet Resort & Spa.