The Resort: Built for Comfort
(At this time, our Resort is for DOGS ONLY. If you need boarding for a cat or exotic pet, please contact Twin Lakes Pet & Bird Clinic at 972-347-9799.)
- The Resort offers 2 types of suites*.
~ Premium suites have a glass front door, giving it a more home appeal.
~ Basic suites have a barred front door.
* All dogs receive the same level of care.
- The large 5’X4′ suites make it possible for families to stay together to reduce stress and increase comfort levels. (Dogs can separated at feeding time, if needed.)
- The suites are 100% indoors for climate control and constant supervision.
- Solid walls divide each suite.
- Food and water dishes are up off the ground.
- Beds, blankets, and toys from home are always welcome!
~ We also recommend bringing an unwashed tshirt or blanket with a parent’s scent still on it..
When choosing items from home to bring for your dog, keep in mind that it may be damaged or destroyed.
Maintain a Regular Schedule:
- Dogs are individually walked several times throughout the day.
~ We monitor each dog for signs of diarrhea, dehydration, etc.
- Dogs are fed according to the schedule you provide. We monitor food and water consumption.
~ We ask that you put dry food in ziploc baggies and divided into individual meals.
~ We ask that wet (canned) food is labeled with your dog’s name and a can cover provided, if needed.
- We administer scheduled medications, including insulin injections, oral medications, eye/ear drops, etc.
~ A $5/day medication administration applies.
- All dogs receive individual attention and wellness checks daily.
- All dogs have daily playtime*, either individually or family. All dogs have the opportunity to play in our new outdoor play yard. (We always try to get pictures/video during playtime. We can text these to you, if requested.)
* At this time, we do NOT have a Doggie Daycare program that would allow groups of dogs to play together.
- Bathing and/or grooming is available the day before or the day of your dog’s scheduled pick-up. (Advanced scheduling is preferred.)
Medical Care: Pet parents sign a Resort Release giving permission to seek medical care, should their dog develop a medical issue during their stay. We will attempt to contact you before one of the Clinic veterinarians examines your dog, however some issues must be treated immediately to avoid a more severe condition from developing. Parents will be responsible for any additional charges incurred.
Resort Kennel Care:
- In addition to the superior level of care each dog receives while staying at the Resort, we follow strict cleaning measures before, during, and after your dog’s stay.
~ Each suite is disinfected from top to bottom between dogs.
— Suites are disinfected as needed during a dog’s stay.
~ Food and water bowls are changed out and disinfected daily.
— Dogs that eat wet food will have their bowls changed out after each meal.
~ Suites are cleaned daily and all bedding changed out and washed.